1 clay pot or any other container
Cardboard or mat board
A few acrylic paints
Glue gun (optional)
1. You might want to begin by painting or decorating your pot. I did choose to leave mine plain.
2. Cut your shapes out of the cardboard or mat board. Any shape will do or look at a book of succulents and cut to resemble your favorites.
3. Paint your cacti. I chose different colors for each. The tall blue one had stripes of glitter. The short round one is decorated with a couple of small flowers. The green one is kinda spiky and has polka dots.
4. Paint 1/2 of your styrofoam ball while your cacti dry. Push it firmly into the clay pot.
5. When all your paint is dry cut slits into the styrofoam ball add a small bead of glue to the bottom of your cactus and push it firmly into the ball.
6. Stand back and admire your green thumb!
Books to extend the activity:Cacti and Succulents by Terry HewittA Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert