Just 2 ingredients you probably have in the house:
1 teaspoon Dishwashing liquid
2 teaspoons Corn starch
Simply mix in a small bowl. You can add a drop of food coloring if you wish.
This mix is a simple one that is to be enjoyed just for the day. You won’t be able to store it.
Of course there are variations!
· 1 Bottle of Elmer’s Glue (8oz. bottle)
· 1 1/2 Cups warm water
· 1 tsp Borax
· Food Coloring (color of choice)
· The key to making this in any size quantity is that you need about equal parts glue and water. Then, you need some Borax dissolved in water. So, start by dissolving the borax in a small mixing bowl with 1/2 cup of warm water. Stir until well blended then set that bowl aside.
· In another bowl, empty the entire bottle of Elmer’s white glue. Fill the empty bottle with warm water and empty into the bowl (or just pour in a cup of warm water). Use a spoon to mix well. If you’d like to add color, mix in some drops of food coloring at this point (we used 4 drops of blue food coloring for the light-blue color). Stir to combine. Then, pour at least 1/4 -1/2 cup of glitter. Stir everything together.
· Slowly pour the Borax solution from the small bowl into the water glue solution, adding a small amount at a time while stirring. You should slowly start to feel the contents turning more solid. Continue to pour in the rest of the Borax solution and then use your hands to start forming more of a solid. The more Borax solution, the more solid. So, you & your kids can experiment with the consistency you’d like – more slime-like or more silly putty like.